Well, outside the active category this hasn’t gone quite so well, here’s the ones I managed to check off over the course of 2012:
17. Glass Angels! I made three of these as christmas presents for family, I wish I had a photo though, and I can’t believe I forgot!
18. Glass Fusing, early on in the year I made some coaster’s for a friend’s birthday present.
23. Attend a Buddhist Meeting – In fact, I went to a few, and hosted one! This was interesting, I’m not sure it’s for me, but the meetings are impressively calm and friendly.
28. Books that I can remember – I’m pretty sure I’ve forgotten quite a few!
- bad science, really interesting, but in parts quite irritating and slightly rant-y
- Sense of an ending, a prize winner I think – this was ok, but I don’t think I really got it.
- Time travellers guide to medieval england – I loved this; eye opening, educational and very well written
- How to be a woman, Caitlin Moran’s book – I loved this too, it made me see I’m a feminist!
- Full frontal feminism – because I’d realised I was a feminist! This very much focusses on the US, but it’s shoking and riveting.
- Chrissie wellington – This was interesting, but having read interviews with Chrissie I’d got the impression that it could have been me. The book revealed that it very much couldn’t!
- This book will save your life – this was interesting, on the surface, it was an interesting and amusing story. It was a bit deeper though, and again I don’t think I really got it!
31. new foods so far 7/10 (That I can remember): Frog’s legs, Clams, risotto, crab, goat, squid, panforte. All of these except possibly the frog’s legs were definitely delicious! Crab and clams are probably the big surprise there. And yes, I had never had risotto!
32. Bristol’s free museums: Visited M-shed and the museum and art gallery
36. Use / destroy the greenhouse. I grew stomatoes and peppers in it. And I painted it bright yellow!
garden; unusually under control.
38. The fireplace. well, it is presentable. If not finished for good, it at least isn’t a hole in the wall with bricks and plaster edges on show!
43. The bathroom. That’s yellow too!
46. I’m a Chartered Engineer – doesn’t make much difference in practice, but it looks good after my name!
49. STEM event; this is a scheme to help encourage school children to consider careers in Science and Engineering – I have done a couple of events this year.
So, all in all, I’ve done less well with the remainder of the challenge. I’ve had a lot of fun this year and done some other things that have been quite a big deal for me but haven’t checked off any more boxes. I’m going to have a think and come up with some more list items over the next few weeks… I’m looking forward to what 2013 brings, and I hope it’s a good one for everyone x